I made this green peas masala curry for lunch to along with rotis .With the fresh ripe tomatoes and very little spices used it was just prefect with very minimal ingredients.
3 medium tomatoes
2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
2 cloves or a pinch of clove powder
1 pinch of dried fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi (optional)
salt ,sugar and red chilly powder as desired to taste
1 pinch of garam masala powder(optional)
1/4 tsp of cumin seeds
1 tbsp of oil
1 tsp of almond powder
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.Add 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds,let them splutter.
- Add 2 cloves or a pinch of clove powder.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt according to taste and about 1/4tsp of sugar.
- Let the tomatoes cook.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked,add a pinch of kasuri methi leaves crushed between palm of your hand.
- Also add a pinch of garam masala and red chilly powder according to your taste.Stir everything together.
- Stir in green peas.
- Add a cup of milk and let the gravy cook till it thickens.
- Stir in almond powder to enhance the taste.