To make these stuffed potato bajjis,baby potatoes are the best pick.
10 baby potatoes
Oil for frying
1/4 cup besan
1 tablespoon rice flour
2-3 dry chillies
1 garlic pod
1. Make a coarse powder of all ingredients given under stuffing adding a pinch of salt.2. Make a thin batter of pancake batter consistency,using besan or chick pea flour, rice flour,pinch of baking soda,and a pinch of red chilly powder is desired.
3. Pressure cook potatoes in lightly salted water if desired.
4. Adjust salt as there is salt already in the stuffing and the coating batter.
5. Peel and slit the potatoes either sides making sure both the slits are perpendicular to each other.carefully stuff with the prepared stuffing powder.dip the stuffed potato in the prepared batter for coating.
6. Deep fry till the potato looks golden on all sides.
7. Slice the potato into halves and drizzle some lemon juice and enjoy with chopped onions if desired.