Back in my home,my Mom used to make these kind of thick curries very often for our everyday meals. These kind of curries are quick to make,tasty and the best part ,use very less oil compared to stir fires .Stir-fries were just not so often .It is just the same even now in my Mom's place.
To make this curry,
- In a pan add and toast popu.
- Add peeled and cubed medium sized potato and about 6 baby brinjals - washed,wipe dried and chopped onto chunks.
- Add salt to taste and a pinch of turmeric.Stir and let cook for 2 Min's.
- Now,add 1/2 cup of tamarind juice. Alternately,add thick tamarind paste after the brinjal and potato are cooked tender.
- Crush together 1/4 Th tsp of grated ginger and 2 green chillies finely chopped.
- Add this paste to the cooked veggies.
- Stir and let the curry remain on heat for 2 Min's on low flame
- Remove from heat and serve hot with rice.