I had a big packet of corn meal lying in my pantry from long time.Corn meal is new to me and I had no clue what to cook.Finally,I found few ways to use my corn meal stock.One of them is these Spinach - corn fritters.To make these fritters,I used
! cup cleaned washed and chopped spinach
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
1 medium onion chopped fine
2-3 cilantro sprigs chopped fine
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
pinch of garam masala powder
salt to taste
pinch of baking soda
1 tbsp yogurt
1 .5 cup corn meal
1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Mix all dry ingredients - flours,salt,chilly powder,masala,baking soda.
- Add chopped veggies - ginger,spinach,onion,corn
- Add yogurt - stir
- Add needed water to make dough thick enough to drop into hot oil with a spoon.
- Heat oil about 1 cup or enough to deep fry
- Add small balls of batter with a spoon.Deep fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Drain onto a paper towel and serve hot or warm