Friday, January 25, 2008

Spinach and corn fritters


I had a big packet of corn meal lying in my pantry from long time.Corn meal is new to me and I had no clue what to cook.Finally,I found few ways to use my corn meal stock.One of them is these Spinach - corn fritters.To make these fritters,I used
Ingredients:
! cup cleaned washed and chopped spinach
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
1 medium onion chopped fine
2-3 cilantro sprigs chopped fine
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
pinch of garam masala powder
salt to taste
pinch of baking soda
1 tbsp yogurt
1 .5 cup corn meal
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Method:
  • Mix all dry ingredients - flours,salt,chilly powder,masala,baking soda.
  • Add chopped veggies - ginger,spinach,onion,corn
  • Add yogurt - stir
  • Add needed water to make dough thick enough to drop into hot oil with a spoon.
  • Heat oil about 1 cup or enough to deep fry
  • Add small balls of batter with a spoon.Deep fry till golden brown on both sides.
  • Drain onto a paper towel and serve hot or warm

8 comments:

  1. The Fritters look so nice n crispy! I bet they must have tasted awesome in this chilly weather..;)

    ~ Siri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madhavi

    Yummy Fritter !! Looks simple

    will try it out ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combination and very healthy tooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy...hope my daughter loves these:)...its very difficult to make kids eat healthy food:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siri,Vanamala!
    they were simple and tand tasted great.Vanamala!let me now how they turn out if you try them.
    Easy crafts!just tried something different to finish my corn meal pack.
    Guna sesha mani!
    meeting ids expectations with nutrition.tough job for every mom.Hope your little one will lie them
    Madhavi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I purposely bought a bag of corn meal an hour ago to make corn fritters. When I googled for recipes, I came across yours and thought I have to make it! So I did and it turned out fantastic! My boyfriend (who is S. Indian) and I thought they were so yummy, and it's amazing how well all the ingredients go together. I'm happy that it was relatively easy to make with all the ingredients on hand. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for trying my version franiwack!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin