About two months back when we were moving to a new house ,one of my friend Ashwini has made this garlic rice for us and sent it home.I liked it and made this with my own adaptations.My frined did not add coconut paste and grated carrot.This rice can be made even with left over rice.To make this rice,
Grind to a paste:
2 tsps grated coconut
1/4 tsp cumin
2 green chillies
5-6 cashew pieces
3 or 4 garlic flakes finely chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp urad dalOther ingredients:
1 cup cooked rice
1 baby carrot grated
- In a pan,add and fry all the popu/tempering ingredients till garlic,cashew and dal are golden brown.
- Add ground paste and fry for a minute.
- Add grated carrot and stir.
- Add cooked rice and stir.
- Season with salt and serve with yogurt.