Friday, January 4, 2008

Desi Style Oven Roasted Veggies


I tried my own version of roasted veggies to make a combo for phulkas today.And they came out more than delicious and very tasty . I chose veggies like zucchini,potato,carrot,beans,bell pepper,tomato and onion. I made it desi by adding our very own authentic spice powders like pav bhaji masala and garam masala unlike the regular orgenao and rosemary to season the veggies.Peel and chop carrots and potato into chunks.Slice onion .Trim and chop beans and zucchini.Chop tomato and bell pepper.In a bowl,add 1 tsp olive oil,salt,red chilly flakes,1 pinch pav bhaji masala,1 flake garlic finely chopped,1 pinch garam masala.Mix everything and stir in all the the veggies and toss them gently until masala coats them.Preheat oven at 400F and bake for 20 Min's or till done stirring in between.I liked the nice aroma that came as soon as I took them off from oven. It was a great healthy combo for phulkas.

2 comments:

  1. Cooking them in the oven has retained the original colour...super

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sweetness of roasted veggis a lot adding garammasala is very nice looks yummy

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin