Monday, November 19, 2007

Spinach with moong dal


Spinach is not very common in my kitchen as I am not a big fan of spinach. But I keep cooking spinach sometimes in my kitchen as I know that it is nutrtion packed food. Apart from routine dal and pulusu with spinach I also tried it this time with moong dal in a dry variety and it came out good and to my surprise,the best part of it was it was not smelly.So here is my recipe for spinach and moong dal


1/2 cup moong dal washed and cooked till just soft but not mushy.
1/2 onion chopped1 bunch of spinach
2 tsps kura karam
salt,red chilly powder according to taste

Method:
In a wide pan,add and toast popu. When popu is done,add chopped onions and fry till transparent or half cooked . Now,add finely chopped spinach and salt and cover. After 5 mins when spinach is soft add cooked moong dal and cook till dry and add kura karam. Season with required red chilly powder and serve hot with rice.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! these spinach with dhal looks good.. will be great to go along with Rotis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice combination...should go well with rice as well as rotis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of the curry. planning to make this tonite..:)

    -Siri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combo and so does hubby dear, I make it often but in the koora style...yummy looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a nice combination to keep at hand.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin