Friday, September 7, 2007

Crescent Rolls Stuffed with Hummus



Hummus is a dip/spread that is made from chickpeas. In fact, hummus is the Arabic word for chickpea.More details about hummus can be found here. Traditional way of making hummus can be found here. I knew hummus from a show of Rachael Ray on Food network channel. Today, in my hummus recipe I added cumin powder and red chilly powder omitting onion,garlic,sesame and green chilly. I was not in a mood to go for those ingredients today.
To make these stuffed crescents ,you will need
1 can box store bought crescent dough
choice of filling(optional)*
*tastes good even without any filling
Hummus -> Boil soaked and drained chick peas adding salt until soft .Grind to a fine paste and season with cumin and red chilly powder according to taste.

Method:
unwrap crescent dough triangles and apply hummus paste or any other filling of choice with a spatula and roll it into crescent shape according to package instructions and bake at 350F for 11 - 13 minutes or until light brown. Cut into pinwheels or enjoy just as it is with a cup of tea.










1 comment:

  1. Two of my favs in one dish...too good to be true! My hubby and I both love Hummus, esp with Pita bread. and stuffing it in a croissant, very interesting!:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin