Monday, July 2, 2007

Coriander leaves or Cilantro Rice






Today I had 2 big bunches of fresh coriander lying in my fridge. I knew I did not need 2 big bunces for my routine cooking this week. And also,I was not in a mood to make meal with rice and sidedish(es). These reasons were enough for me to give a try to this new recipe in my kitchen. I just followed the basic recipe of pulao with ample of coriander leaves in it and the result after making this - all three of us loved the taste and Iam going to make this more often now on.
Ingredients:
2 cups rice washed
1 big bunch of coriander finely chopped
1 big onion chopped
1 big tomato chopped
salt as required
oil 2 tbsps
for the masala
4 cloves,2 elaichi,1"cinnamon
1/2" ginger piece scraped and grated
1 garlic pod chopped fine
1 tsp biryani masala powder

Method:
Clean and wash the rice and keep aside. In a pressure pan or any deep pan, heat oil add cloves,cinnamon,elaichi. Fry for a minute and add coriander. Fry for a minute and add onion and tomato. Fry till onion and tomato are cooked.Now,add ginger and garlic.Add washed rice,salt and biryani masala powder.Stir and add 4 cups of water. Close the pressure pan lid and cook till 3 whistles.Serve hot with raitha.



1 comment:

  1. your cilantro rice looks interesting let me try it out

    how is ur princess doing now

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin