Monday, June 11, 2007

Senagapindi Pachchadi(Besan Chutney)

I always knew this pachchadi or chutney as bombay chutney in my house. My mom makes it very often as an accompanmnet to hot idlies for our morning breakfast. I came across very few people who knew this chutney . I make this chutney very often in my house whenever I make idlies.
Ingredinets:
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1 cup besan mixed with curd or butter milk
salt as required
chilly powder or finely chopped green chillies
For popu/seasoning
2 tsp oil
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp jeera
4-5 curry leaves
Method:
In a bowl,mix besan with salt,chilly powder or green chillies along with curd or buttermilk to form a thin consistent batter.Meanwhile,in a pan fry popu ingredients and add chopped onion and tomato and fry till soft and cooked. Now ,add curd - besan mixture and cook till raw smell of besan disappears.(add water if thin consistency like sambar is needed).Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with idlies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin