Saturday, June 2, 2007

Butter Cookies





My daughter,who is a picky eater is one reason for me to get more into baking these days. I prefer giving home made cookies to readymade cookies, sometimes when I can spare time and make some for my toddler .This gives me a chance to add and blend ingredients according to her taste and choice so that she will eat something and ultimately gives me some satisfaction . These butter cookies recipe is one such I tried for my daughter.These cookies are blended with butter and plz adapt the recipe according to your taste,all those calorie conscious people. My recipe here is primarily made with my daughter in mind who is 19 months old now. This is a great recipe for all those people like me ,who look for cookies with no eggs
Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour/maida
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ghee
about 1/2 cup butter approximately

Method:
Sieve all purpose flour along with baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add sugar.Mix them and add two table spoons ghee.mix with your fingers.The dough ,now looks crumbly. Knead the dough adding butter little by little just enoguh to make the dough like chapati dough.
Now line a cookie sheet and make this cookie dough into lemon sized balls.Arrange them on cookie sheet with atleast one inch aprt from each cookie on all side,so that there is enough space for the cookie to expand. Heat the oven to 350F degrees and place the cookie sheet carefully in the centre of the oven. Bake them for 15 minutes or till golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin