Monday, April 16, 2007

MAMIDIKAYA MENTHIMUKKALU



I want to start my blogging with the beloved MANGO. Its already mango season. During this mango season most of the andhrites are busy looking for the right time to make pickles. My mom too is busy most of time this part of the year trying to make different kinds of pickles.



Even though I can make many dishes with mango, I have'nt learned making pickles yet. But I did learn some recipes which are instant and are more in taste like pickle. One such recipe is mamidikaya menthimukkalu. My family's all time favourite. It is instant and more like pickle and good thing is it does not have lots of oil and salt like pickles. For the convenience of non telugu speaking people I have translated this recipe name as pickle seasoned mango pieces. I could not think of better name. Any suggestions are welcome.

recipe source: My Mom
prep' time: 10 mins

Ingredients
1 small mango finely chopped itno bite size pieces
1 tbsp oil
2 dry red chillies(adjust to taste)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds/methi
1/4 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
salt as required
dash of hing

Method:
Take a small pan enough to fry the seasoning ingredients. Heat oil and add the seasoning ingredients. Let the mustard seeds splutter.Take the seasoning without oil onto a cutting board and crush them using a rolling pin and add this to the chopped mango pieces. Now add hing to the oil and add this oil to the mango pieces.Add salt according to your taste and mix them well .

1 comment:

  1. Hi buddy

    your site looks good.I am really happy you are doing it.Keep up the good work

    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin